1/100 Scale Crew Figures From Japan

So, while looking for 1/100th scale figures a few months ago, I came across an offering on Amazon for some new crewmen from Bandai that I had never seen before.



So, I ordered them.  Delivery took a few weeks, but it was worth it.













As you can see, they're very nice figures.  I'm amazed that they're injection molded, in fact.

The seller from my Amazon link (I left a review as well) included a bit of candy, a personal note, and some Japanese trading cards.  A very nice touch.

Amazon link

Hobbylink Japan link


BTW, I've visited this topic before (civilians and crewmen), in 2011.  Here's the link to that post...


And I think I'm going to treat myself this Christmas to a 1/100th Scale Macross Armor Factory from HLJ.  It comes with 2 Destroids, 30 crew, trucks, and a good background setting for photos.  Here's the link for that.

Best,
JBR

Edit to add:

Had some requests for better comparison pics, to make sure they scale well against other companies' offerings.  My apologies for the initial crappy cell phone pics ;)



Here they are, popped out of the sprue, next to the ubiquitous Rebel Minis EF Marine that most of you have.

Hope this helps.

Best,
JBR

Comments

tim_popelier said…
Seen these before and always thought they were to good to be true at that price. Seeing your pictures now suggests otherwise!

As a side note the same company also produces 12mm scale ones which might suit heavy gear. I have been toying with the idea of a heavy gear diorama with that exact combination for some time.
John Bear Ross said…
They have very lovely detail.

There is a lot of 1/144th scale stuff in that Builders Parts HD line from Bandai.

There are also a lot of neat offerings from Kotobukiya, like the Trailer Bases and other generic sci-fi touch-up kits.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMB-21/Sci

Best,
JBR
Barks said…
I was looking at these a couple of weeks ago. What are you going to use the superman and tiptoes girl for?
John Bear Ross said…
I have no idea. They're probably supposed to be draped across a large Gundam's hull, turning a wrench in an access panel.

None of my stuff is that large in scope, but I'll find a way to work them in to a diorama.

Best,
JBR
John Bear Ross said…
Or, they could be much windshield washers who slipped, and are holding on for dear life. ;)

Best,
JBR
Don M said…
Useful items ! Can be used as weapon and maintenance crews.
Barks said…
Ha! That would be a cool action diorama.
John Bear Ross said…
*much=mech. Silly autocorrect.
Allison M. said…
Great find! I too was wondering about the "flying schoolgirl" figure. Eh, it's Japan.
John Bear Ross said…
Too right about "eh, it's Japan." I lived there for three years (84-87) as a boy. Definitely a different, wonderful place.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts