Grymn Powered Armour, Part 1

I once sold a set of weapons, long ago, to Hasslefree Miniatures.  You can find them here.  I did the ones with CAD Guns in the titles.


The sci-fi weapons were early rapid prototypes, and were beset with problems during master conversions for molding.  What was supposed to be an easy process turned into a nightmare for the Hasslefree folks.

I was frustrated that I had unleashed chaos upon a client.

I have wanted to make it up to Kev and Sally ever since.  So, here's an exercise in belated recompense.

Kev White's Grymn minis are 28mm scale Dwarves in Space.

He offers an excellent walker that I think can do double duty as a 15mm mech.

There's also a new line of Grymn Powered Armour.


 
You can buy your own here.
The Hasslefree folks even throw in candy!  Yay!



From the moment I saw their WIP pictures, I thought they would perform very well as heavy power armor or landmates in 15mm/1-100th scale.  I envision them as having Dreadnought-style pilots, with their limbs enclosed in the armor's main hull.

So, I ordered my own a few months ago.  I took my Starrett dial calipers to them today, and made some measurements.

From these, I made a bulk-out, a sort of digital stand-in, of the Grymn Armour basic body.  It's not spot on, not even close in some spots, but the critical dimensions I was looking for were the shoulder mounts, and the slot in the back.  These will be mounting points for modular weaponry.

 
 
 
 

Stay tuned.

Best,
JBR

PS  Part Two is up.  Click Here.

Comments

John Bear Ross said…
Part Two is up.

http://johnbearross.blogspot.com/2013/08/grymn-powered-armour-part-2.html

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts