Grymn Powered Armour, Part 2

Here's a link to Part One.

So, here's my unasked-for modification of the Grymn Powered Armours from Hasslefree Miniatures, fabricating some bits that make these 28mm-scale figs do double duty in 15mm/1-100th scale.

So, the easiest way I see to do it is create a new shoulder bit that can utilize a few new weapon and arm bits.  The shoulder is left/right universal, so only one needs to be printed out.

 I start by forming a socket that will fit over the existing mounting point that projects from the side of the torso.
 
 A nice, rounded shoulder bit gives me an idea of how things will work.
 A little rework, and things flow better without the shoulders towering over the rest of the body.
The bronze-colored sphere is actually going to be subtracted from the rest of the shoulder bit, once everything is approved and fused.

 And with a "Mirror" command, one side matches the other.
 A view from the back.  The blue stripe up the back is a digital insert that fills the hollow mounting point found on the real model.

 I borrow some stunt weapons from a 15mm Zas Mecha, courtesy of Critical Mass Games.  These are just stand-ins.  As you can see, even the smallest weapon I made for the Zas mechs...
 ...is a bit too large for the Grymn Armour.

 
 But, with a simple "Scale" command, the stand-in weapon is brought in to a more proportional size.  About 3/4 inch, or 19mm, is a nice size for this height of armour/armor.

 They even look nice in pairs!

 I whip up a quick bulk-out of a backpack/power plant.  If I want this to be a 15mm-sized minimech, I'm going to have to give it some scale cues.  The backpack also looks a bit too GW-ish, so I will revisit working a new configuration.  I will also work out mounting points for over-the-shoulder weapons.  Again, this is just a bulk-out.

Overall, though, I'm liking where this is going.

I'm revisiting some old files (those old CAD guns I sold to HF years ago), and wondering how I can incorporate them into the new design.  Looking back at these earlier designs, I can see I've progressed.  They'll make great bulk-outs and stand-ins, though, and might look even better with some modern touch-ups and adaptation as heavy fire support weapons.

Best,
JBR

PS Part Three is up.  Click Here.

Comments

Cool concept drawing and nice modifications
John Bear Ross said…
Thanks, sir. Part Three is up, as well.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts