New Mercenary Mech For Critical Mass Games, Part 7

Alright, this one is in the bag.  This is part 7 in a work-in-progress series of blog posts about a new Mercenary Mech I sculpted up for Critical Mass Games.

The Fire Support version didn't change too much, so it's not as featured in this final show-off.  For more on it, click here.

 
 
I received a bit of feedback from Robin, of Gruntz.biz fame, suggesting that the blocky look of the lasers be revamped.  I added three "focusing lenses" doo-dads to the rear body, breaking up the original look that he likened to a birthday candle stuck on a lego brick. 

I love Brits.  They don't screw around when it comes to giving you their opinions.  ;)

 
 
 
 
Another forum user suggested a hammer of some kind be added to the mech's close combat repertoire.  I made up a power hammer, based on the Stanley FUBAR.  I have this tool, myself.  It's a fun little implement, ideal for smashing apart pallets of wood for campfires and other stress-relieving tasks.  Very therapeutic... 


Here's a variant of the mech armed with the dual missile pods of the Fire Support version, but with a jetpack instead of the overhead plasma cannons.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Lepp said…
Man, JBR, you make me remember how much I love mecha; there is a part of me that wants to buy a half dozen of every body type and every weapon option available and make a mercenary mech army of maverick walker aces whose rides are painted a bunch of wild colors... and then I remember I'm a college student who makes minimum wage (when he gets paid)... 'tis a happy sadface

Popular Posts