Oleg Gets All The Nice Toys First...




Oleg Volk is a talented photographer who is very well-known in the firearms rights community. He runs a great site called A Human Right. More of his work can be found here, at OlegVolk.net, as well

The website is a collection of photographs, posters, and essays on the right to keep and bear arms, oriented towards the philosophical angle that self-preservation is a basic human right. Being the bloodthirsty former Marine that I am, I heartily agree with him.

Along with being an advocate for firearms rights, Oleg is also sought after by weapons manufacturers to produce ad copy for their new offerings. One such company, Kel-Tec, is a small gun maker operating out of Florida. George Kellgren, the owner, has developed a new take on the South African Neostead shotgun, called the KSG.

Kel-Tec's design philosophy is geared more towards economical, mass manufacturing processes, and lacks a sophistication and old-world refinement that you would find in guns with far higher price tags. I am not a gun snob, though, and think that "cool" beats "old-school" when it comes to 15 rounds of 12 gauge lovin'. As long as it works, it's beautiful, in my book.


Kel-Tec also developed a bullpup-configuration rifle called the RFB, as seen below.


It's a 7.62 NATO-chambered weapon that feeds from the same magazines as my beloved FAL. Great stuff. Erika, the model below, is not too shabby, either. Don't tell my wife.


These are both begging to be a part of the next weapons sprue I crank out for Rebel Minis (the guns, you fool, not Erika). If you enjoy making "pew pew pew" sounds with 15mm scale futuristic toy soldiers, like I do, I'm sure you'd agree.

And who says we're not living in the future?

Best,
JBR

Note: all pics are credited to Oleg Volk. Damn, he's good. Or lucky. Or both.

Comments

David said…
That bull-pup style shotgun looks interesting. Could you go sport shooting with it or is it more of a room-broom urban combat model? I would think that the shorter over-all length might detract from accuracy - though I've only ever used my Dad's double-barrelled, hammer-action shotgun so my experience is limited.

Looks cool, though.

And tell your wife what? I see nothing ;)
John Bear Ross said…
From what I've read, it's an 18.5 inch barrel with no choke tubes. More for going against Velociraptors than geese, one would think.

Bring on the raptors!

heh.

Seriously, though, I suppose you could put a wooden or plastic dowel in each magazine tube, to reduce capacity where hunting regulations require.

Best,
JBR
MIK said…
I'm not a gun snob either, but never really gave Kel-Tec much of a look, however that shotgun looks very appealing.

The bullpup .308 is cool too, but then again just abut anything in a bullpup configuration is cool.
John Bear Ross said…
The only thing about bullpups is doing mag changes back in your armpit/bicep area, instead of out in front of you. I guess it's just a matter of training and muscle memory, after a while, though.

Best,
JBR
RebelMike said…
Damn, I thought we were making Erica :(
John Bear Ross said…
Mike,

You should have a word with the boss. Just don't get caught talking to yourself ;)

Best,
JBR

PS She's probably local to you, since Oleg lives and works out of Chattanooga, too.
Mark Mondragon said…
I just picked up an AUG clone... MSAR STG E4, It's sooo nice, light and fast on target. You can single hand the rifle if need be. I have a scope on it for the reach out and touch someone and a green laser for anything within 100 yards day or night.

God help the schmuck that comes in my house uninvited :)
Mark Mondragon said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts