Ah, Gun Parts In The Mail...Vereh Nice.

There's nothing like getting gun parts in the mail box.  It's like Christmas at the end of the driveway.

I recently ordered a Shockwave Blade, a brace to stabilize my AR pistol when it's hanging WAAAAY out there at the end of my arm.


Here's what it looks like.

Here's where I got it.  Skid Tactical.  $60 for the brace and tube, shipped.  Good deal, so I jumped on it.


This, of course, is not a shoulder stock.  It's a stabilizing brace.  It doesn't go against the shoulder.  That would be wrong and evil, of course.
 

Here are some pics of the AR pistol, pre-new-gun-parts.  I had wrapped 550 cord around a standard carbine stock and taped the hell out of it, so that a normal buttstock could not be added.  That's a regular A2 pistol grip, and a Yankee Hill .338 flash hider up front.

I didn't really like the result, and looked for a better way.  Thus, the Shockwave.

And here's the end result.  My Dissipator carbine with a 16" barrel is shown for scale reference. 

Pistol grip on the pistol has been changed out to a Magpul MIAD. 
.308 A2-style birdcage flash hider up front.
Lancer Mags have been color-coded so I know to just load .300 BLK in them.

The pistol is chambered in .300 Blackout.  I'll probably add a 11.5" 5.56 NATO barrel to the mix this summer, a cheapie red dot, a light, and some back-up iron sights.

Until next time, enjoy. 

Best,
JBR

Comments

Popular Posts