Khurasan Launches Starship Product Line

A number of years ago, I did Cold Navy for Mike Hardy at Xtreme Hobbies.  The line is now available through Ravenstar Studios.

I didn't touch starships for years after that, mostly due to 15mm ground warfare lines taking off, and my attention was drawn to mechs, tanks, VTOLs, and such.

In those fast and furious days of 15mm madness, Khurasan Jon also asked for a pair of starships for his alien races, the Pelagic Dominate (an alliance of aquatic aliens) and the Garn Confederation (a predatory reptilian race).











The Pelagic cruiser was envisioned as a whale-like ship, with design traits from the line of anti-gravity fightertanks I had done previously for Jon.  The look was sleek, powerful, and foreboding.  Rows and rows of missiles on the top/dorsal surfaces, and large directed energy weapons on the lower bow.








 The Garn merchant cruiser was previewed on this blog post, but Jon asked me to keep the wraps on the Benthic cruiser, since there were other products in the queue ahead of them.



Well, their day has come.  Khurasan has now revealed his starships, two by me, the other by the lovely and talented Charles Oines.  Click here for the link.

You can follow the debut and discussion/feedback thread here, on TMP.

Enjoy!

Best,
JBR

Comments

I was very impressed with the modelling and the painting of these vessels. It is hard to keep things under wrap when they are exciting!

GBS
John Bear Ross said…
The paintjobs are truly astounding, especially the hangar lights on the human cruiser, and the Garn cruiser's skin-like pattern.

The painter operates out of the website http://www.thirdfatecreations.com/

Best,
JBR
Unknown said…
I remember the Cold Navy fleets, one of my first 3d jobs was for Mike, making box-artwork from your models!
John Bear Ross said…
Your digital paint-ups of those designs were/are beautiful, sir. I saw that blog post of yours earlier today. Truly gorgeous.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts