1995 Rejection Letter From Palladium Books

I was digging through some archives, and came across this old gem.

I sent off a package back in 1995, fresh back home from USMC boot camp, to Palladium Books.

I approached them with a proposal to convert or port over their system into a miniatures game.  I believe I included some proposals for RDF, REF, Coalition and Triax units, as well as others.

Here's what I got in the mail a short while later...


Neat, huh?

I had nearly forgotten about this.  Needless to say, I kept plugging along.  I think I even pitched a miniatures game to Kevin S. at a GAMA convention in the early 2000s, with a similar result as the letter.

Nice to see Palladium bringing a miniatures game to market, based on their Robotech license.  Best of luck to them.

Well, back to plugging along...  ;)

Best,
JBR

Comments

Mr. Harold said…
You were ahead of your time!
Heisler said…
I'm sure you will be receiving a cease and desist letter very shortly. I'm sure his rejection letter is copywrited material!
Slade Hart said…
I found my rejection letter from Homage Studios for a writing submission and my rejection letter from Powell Skate Boards for a graphic design position a few months back. Good times.
Mech Dude said…
This made me laugh, if you read their posts about the Robotech Kickstarter they basically hailed the miniatures as the thing that'll finally turn things around save them from going under.

Maybe if they'd been a bit more open minded years back they wouldn't have been doing so poorly of late.

And be thankful it was just a rejection letter and not kicking you loose only after stealing months of hard work.
John Bear Ross said…
Yup. Knowing what I know now, I definitely dodged a bullet.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts