Funtime's Canceled...




Well, it was a hell of a day. Earlier in the week, the air conditioner went out on our family truck, a 2004 Nissan Titan. It's a solid truck, but starting to show its age. It's also turning into a hybrid vehicle, as I told Rebel Mike: it runs on both gas and money.

Living in Southern Nevada, where the temps go over 100 and stay there for 5 or 6 months, A/C is a necessity.

So I took it to the dealer. Dealer charged a half-dozen Andrew Jacksons just to look at the thing, then wanted $4500 to repair everything he found. A/C Condenser, Power Steering high pressure line, and a pair of leaks in the exhaust manifolds.

I had him bolt it back together, found a small shop on the web that had good reviews, and squeezed into their work schedule.

The repairs for the A/C and power steering were over a thousand, a deal compared to the initial quote from dealer. The exhaust leaks can wait. Polar bears be-damned.

So, needless to say, my learning in Zbrush is screeching to a halt, and I'm picking back up where I left off with pending Rhino work. Hopefully, I'll get around to learning the program between jobs, or over the summer.

I'm back on the shift, lads. Funtime's canceled. Get ready for some mecha goodness.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Mark said…
Ouch JBR!

Cheers
Mark
John Bear Ross said…
Eh. These things tend to happen. I'll just have to up my work tempo to make up for the expenditure. Sleep is overrated.

;)

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts