Gila For Sale From Rebel Minis



When the Gila was first described to me by Rebel Mike a year or so ago, I figured, "eh, we'll just do a dune buggy and that will be all she wrote." Wrong.

The Gila quickly took on a life of its own during sculpting. It wasn't just some sand rail with a pop gun mounted to the top. It became a sort of sci-fi Baja 1000 trophy truck, nicely armored, full suspension, with a gunner's platform and three new weapons. The perfect thing for hit and run attacks out in the wastelands.

I like when a build evolves in front of you. This was one of them. The Gila turned out to be a great little fast attack vehicle, and now it's up for sale from Rebel. I look forward to seeing both Earth Force and Sahadeen examples painted up, since it was intended to be the workhorse for both factions out in the rust and dust of the Martian deserts.

Enjoy!

Best,
JBR
PS Beautiful paintjobs courtesy of Jeff Racel.

Comments

Unknown said…
Jeff is good...I reckon your okay too.
Andyroo said…
Love the shape and style - would be tempted to get rid of the gun on top and use it as a fast delivery vehicle.

One question - the top photo of the kit looks smooth and clean but the painted example seems to show horizontal 'printing' lines. Do these show up on the kit?

Andrew
John Bear Ross said…
@Brother Joseph: I do what I can. Thanks.

@Andrew: I believe the painted example is an early prototype. The production model is the smoother finish.

Best,
JBR
Jeff Racel said…
The painted version was a metal prototype while the smooth version is the new resin production model. I am working on painting one of the resin models so we can get away from the old print "lines".

Jeff

Popular Posts