4-Axis Taig CNC For Sale

EDIT: Machine is sold. Thanks, everybody, for looking.

________________________
Well, it was time to upgrade my prototyping equipment, so I put my 4-Axis Taig CNC benchtop mill up for sale through Craigslist. It sold, so these pics are just here now for posterity's sake...

Here are some detailed pics...

Here was the whole kit and kaboodle...


The laptop running DeskProto and Mach 3 software.

The software USB dongle for the DeskProto CAM software.


Deskproto 4.x software and manuals, Tooling Extras, and the mist coolant system.

The Xylotex Control Box

The high-speed spindle I made from a Bosch router, some precision collets, and a K2CNC bracket.

Scads of tooling, a lot of it the precision stuff from Bitsbits.net and Computersculpture.com

For pics of the setup (and the lathe) as I was installing it, more pics are at the following link...

On to the next big project...So long, faithful prototyping robot...

Best,
John Bear Ross

Comments

Any chance of seeing some of the finished prototypes you milled on it? I seem to remember seeing some in either your older blog entries or on your dot-com, but some new pics might help show what this baby can do.

Chris
John Bear Ross said…
You're probably right. I don't have anything recent, but the machine still works beautifully (better, actually, since I've worked out a lot of bugs since the initial setup). That high-speed spindle makes some smooth cuts on black delrin.

Best,
JBR
Mark Mondragon said…
Hey john, what are you upgrading to? A larger mill or Router? A Printer?
John Bear Ross said…
I have my eye on a few things. A roland MDX-40 would serve me just fine, but they're expensive. Maybe I can find a used one.

Or a large mill that I can CNC convert, like an X-4. My dream mill would be the Industrial Hobbies setup, but that's more than 10 grand. I've just outgrown the Taig.

Or I might put the money towards Zbrush, and outsource printing completely.

The future's wide open.

Best,
JBR
John Bear Ross said…
Sold! Thanks, Mike.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts