Final Detailing, GorillaMech WIP, Pt. 7






Now that the final armor changes have been made, it's time to rivet this bad boy up. Using a series of polylines, project to surface, and array polysurface along curve, I establish rivet patterns all across the smooth surface of the GorillaMech. Final imperfections are ironed out as well.

Now, weapons are added. I don't want to choke Bob with an excess of weapons. He's got dozens, particularly a beautiful set done by Mark Mondragon. The source art called for a pair of new offensive bits, though. A gatling barrel that protruded from the front of the upper arm, and a large missile pack for the back.

Well, as I tend to do, I went overboard.







I developed a cruise missile, then a rack system that could hold four or two per side. Theoretically, you could have a big ape stomping on your gaming table with EIGHT cruise missiles ready to launch. Big fun!

Also, a pod-like 3-missile launcher was made that could serve as a left or right piece.

I also did a 90 degree adaptor, so those beautiful Mondragon guns could be used as backpack weapons for this beast as well.

This was a great build, and I really enjoyed it. My Thanks to Bob Mervine, for giving me the opportunity to do this, and for allowing me to share it with you.

Keep checking Comfy Chair Games' website for release details. I'll be sure to let you know when it's available, as well.

Best,
John Bear Ross

Comments

Okay, I'll admit it - at first I wasn't sure this would have any use outside of "B-Movie" games. Now that I see the weapons, especially the missile racks, I think I'm going to have to pick up a couple of these to use as 15mm battle suits. Another great sculpt!

Chris
John Bear Ross said…
I had my trepidations as well, trust me, but I think we pulled it off. Big paired cannons will also look sweet on that packpack, or cannon on one side, cruise missile rack on the other.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts