I Want To Make A Shock Tank

This is going on the list of projects I want to knock out. Not a reproduction of the M-61A1 Cerberus, per se, but my own version of a Shock Tank, which seems to be a large Main Battle Tank crossed with an Armored Personnel Carrier. A futuristic weapon to implement a "strike and hold" warfare philosophy. Good stuff.

Here's the inspiration...






I first saw mention of it last year on a lego builders page. Brad Edmondson is the feller's handle. MOCPages is the site where lego builders go to show off (among many others, I'm sure). "MOC" stands for My Own Creation.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/98858 is the overview of the beast.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/102045 is a detailed breakdown of the vehicle's system. Brad put a lot of thought into the build. Beautiful stuff for a military sci-fi geek like myself. If you do some more digging, you'll see that Brad worked up a whole series of variants on the M-61A1 hull. My kind of guy, design-wise.

Well, maybe when I have some spare time, I'll sculpt up my own 15mm version of a Shock Battle Tank. With sci-fi tanks getting bigger and bigger in 15mm scale, I'm sure we'll start seeing more things like this. Bigger is always better, I sez...

Best,
JBR

Comments

Eli Arndt said…
This lego vehicles is nearly as cool as any scale model out there. An impressive example of brick engineering.

John, please build that shock tank and for the love of god, either put it into production yourself or sell it to a good company who will put it into production withut bankrupting us all!
John Bear Ross said…
I'll see what I can do, Eli. Brad's work sets the bar pretty high. I'll try and do his concept some justice.

Best,
JBR
Eli Arndt said…
So, what exactly do you do with designs you do on your own time? Are they merely practice or do you actively seek to get them into production or market them to outside sources?
John Bear Ross said…
Sometimes they sit, and waste away into redundancy. Sometimes a client snaps them up. Others are long-term WIPs that I always mean to get around to "one of these days."

I try not to hoard my designs. Usually, if they work, they see the light of day.

Best,
JBR
Mark said…
Pure Sex John! I love it!

Cheers
Mark
the.vault said…
Yo JBR,

how about something in 28mm. I would be very interested in something like this.
John Bear Ross said…
The cost would be monstrous, but I bet it would be a blast to design! I will have to revisit this concept, probably as a Saenz Mk.2 Strike Tank.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts