Dayshift Is Officially Murder


Yup, it's official. Three weeks on day shift, and I've had exactly one hour of time to prototype. Brutal. From creative creature-of-the-night to daytime slave-to-the-grind in the space of three weeks. Dayshift is murder.

I am getting some design work done, but it's mostly sketches born of boredom. My clients should write me off as being trapped in a coma, for all the good I'm doing them.

There is a light of hope, though. Mark Mondragon, and others, have stepped up, and made the best of my bad situation. Congrats to Mark and the others that are getting the work I've had to shunt or re-direct. They're doing great stuff. Check out Mark's stuff on the blog I've linked to.

Also, Mars McCoy is moving closer to publication. Maybe the writing bug will bite, since I can't manage to find time to prototype anymore. We'll see.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Mark Mondragon said…
Not to worry John, the change in schedule is messing with you.

You'll hit your grove and find some time. I used to be a night creature as well, I would look out the window and realize the sun was rising.... "hmmm must be bed time" :)

I have been a day walker for some time now and it took some settling from my internal clock before I could start working again. Thank you for the kind words, its a double edged sword to be sure... I never get to my projects.

I just caught your grav tanks here http://www.miniaturereview.com/Media.aspx?process=view_record&rid=66
Fricking awsome work.

Best,
Mark-
David said…
Dayshifts really suck when you get rung at 0020 by the overnighter who has a problem, you phone-clear the problem by 0030, and you know your alarm is still going to go off at 0545 so you can be in at work at 0630.

Daylightz, you haz them?
You will be fine bud...in time.
Hang in.

LAF

Popular Posts