Big Mech 3

So, here's Big Mech 3.  Big Mech 2 is here.

This update is the beginning of what I call Wave 1 of detailing.  The shapes are now established, for the most part, and I begin adding and subtracting detail in waves, eventually chopping and channeling, fusing and welding until I'm satisfied.

Since this is a spec piece, with no client specifically in mind, I have a little bit of latitude in how it goes.

So, on to the eye candy...

 New leg is on the right, as you see it.  Initial/Bulkout leg on the left.



 Lots of grilling added to the calves and hamstring areas.


 I like the 8-plate thigh protectors.  Here are both new legs, side by side.

 
 The proportions were getting a bit wonky, so I shrank the guns, and enlarged the legs.  Looks a little bit leaner and meaner than the first set of pics.  Besides, it was starting to suffer from "Overgun."  Too much rotary cannon to lug around.  So, they're a bit smaller, now.

Screenshot from my actual working model (the grey pics are renders).  I work in Rhino3D, and prefer to be in a visual mode called 'Ghosted.'  It lets me see through the piece, picking up flaws that might otherwise be masked by an opaque skin.

More to come.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Popular Posts