GorillaMech WIP, Pt. 2: The Bulk-Out




Here is the bulk-out for the GorillaMech. These are just for shape and configuration purposes. Not very sexy, but it gives you (and the client) a sense of where things are headed with the build. As you can see, I've arched the back of the beast more, mostly to accomadate the positioning of the fore and back legs in relation to each other.




Some big news here in JBR-Land. I just purchased (well, charged) a new sculpting computer. It's a big, honkin' i7 with 8 gigs of ram and a 1.5 TB hard drive. Good stuff. It's blindingly fast, but 64-bit. Rhino, my program of choice, is 32 bit. There have been some compatibility quirks between the two, so I've had to download the Rhino 5.0 Beta. More on that as I learn it. The last two screen shots are in a new viewing mode called Technical. Pretty cool.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Matthew said…
Ah, finally pulled the trigger on the beast. Just make sure you're keeping it in a well-ventilated area You're pumping in more power than your old computer>>more heat>>more air.

Hopefully the five-oh treats you and yours nicely enough. It'll be nice to get more than 10 frames per second.
John Bear Ross said…
It is a fearsome beast, squatting there on my desktop. I have yet to push it, though I have some upcoming work that will stretch its capacities.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts