The Art Of James Gurney








I often discover things four or five years too late. I'm often immersed in my own work, but occasionally, random things lead to random discoveries. This post is one such happy occurance. I'll do an entry like this from time to time, sharing my influences and inspirations. My previous entry on The Art Of Dave Johnson is one such diatribe. Here's another.

The gent who did the Dinotopia books, James Gurney, has a blog. Wow, you say, everyone has a blog. That may be, but this particular blog is a beautiful resource and peek into the mind of a brilliant designer. I encourage you to spend many hours languishing through the years of daily blog entries.

http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com//

Best,
JBR

All images are copyright James Gurney.

Comments

Not only do I have and love this book, but I have met Jim about a half dozen times and he is honestly a really great guy. You have to see his painting in real life to appreciate them for the amazing works of art that they truly are. Many of his paintings are 6' x 3'

I've also seen some of his older paintings that were done for National Geographic covers. Great and humbling work.
John Bear Ross said…
Thanks for that personal bit, Dave. Very cool.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts