Glory and Halleluja, It's The Reverend DevilPig!






Dave Johnson has been one of my favorite artists ever since I went to high school in the 90's. I discovered his stuff during the first Image boom, when he penciled Superpatriot. The man is good, and incorporated a dramatic, powerful style, with solid and sensical anime influences in his mechanical designs.

Above are some of the graphics he did for a series of D20 game manuals. He still dabbles in comics, but seems to have moved up to production design. I remember seeing his name in the credits for Ben 10, among other cartoon series. It's good to see he made it to the big time.

Here are some of the covers for the Superpatriot mini-series...God I love that stuff. Yup, I was a 90's comic geek/fanboy. I'm not ashamed to say it.


Anywho, I was looking for his website, which I guess is shut down now. He has moved his gallery over to deviantART. His personal page is here...

Just wanted to share one of my many influences.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Popular Posts