Amazon Associate Links: Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes

I'm going to try something.

I'm going to sell out.
Well, only a little.
At least, for now.  ;)

Fair notice:  I'm joining Amazon.com's Associate program on a trial basis, like lots of other folks.

The purpose of this blog update is full disclosure, letting you know ahead of time that I'm doing it.

If I put up a link to an item on Amazon (which I have already done extensively, for years, with no financial interest in doing so), I get a small percentage if you buy it, or anything else as a result of the click-through.

At least that's how I think it works.


I'm putting my toe in the e-commerce waters, just to gauge the efficacy of the machinations of capitalism, and to prepare for if and when I start publishing through Kindle Direct. 

So, from now on, just so you know, if I put up a link to something on Amazon, I'm guilty of colluding with Jeff Bezos.  Yay!

 Hopefully, if I'm a good and faithful minion, I can earn a seat on a Blue Origin spaceship.  ;)

This message brought to you by Amazon.com  ;)

Best,
JBR




Comments

Doug S said…
Go for it anything that can bring in a few extra bucks is worth the try,
John Bear Ross said…
It's a preliminary thing, and unobtrusive, for the most part.

The alternative was to hang a "digital tip jar/buy me a coffee" gadget on the sidebar, or put ads on the margins, and that's not really my style.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts