2013, The Year Of The Snake. Mech.

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

 To celebrate the Chinese Year Of The Snake, Craig and Dale at Critical Mass Games have sent me pre-production pics of the Volos Assault Mech I did for their mercenary faction, the Astagar.

Feast your eyes on that bad boy! 
 
The original sculpt was a bit top-heavy, what with all that metal up top and resin below.  After a quick redesign, the new pose is much more stable, and looks even more menacing.



For more, click here for the Work-In-Progress series of how the Volos was sculpted.

 Blogger ate my first post (never "revert to draft" while doing edits).

In other news, CMG has announced a Kickstarter effort to expand another one of their mercenary squads into a full-fledged faction.  I'm a backer.  More on that later.

 Also, more on the RUM-V system tonight.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Mr. Harold said…
That looks great JBR, Really intimidating.

Are you working on the VTOLs for their Kickstarter?
John Bear Ross said…
I haven't talked to them yet about it. But, if called upon, I will not shirk my duties. ;)

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts