The Art Of: Spaceman Spiff's Amazing Painting and Converting Talent

 I first found Spaceman Spiff's miniature painting over on a forum when I was trying to get feedback on a series of androids I was doing for Wargames Factory.  Those androids never saw the light of day, unfortunately, but the check cleared, which is a good thing.  Spiff's painting was glorious to behold.  Now that he's got a blog going, I figured I'd showcase some of his work.




Spiff specializes in painting and customizing N-scale (nominally, 1/160th here in the States) Battletech and Mechwarrior models, adding great affects via sculpting to his figures.  Blast affects, burned-out wrecks, ejecting pilots, you name it.



It looks like he's even starting to paint 15mm/1-100th scale stuff.  Here's a beautiful Khurasan Nova Respublik Red Eagle tank he did with an amazing cherry-blossom pattern.  Wow!  He also has a threesome of Critical Mass Arc Fleet Walkers that he's converting up.  Obviously, the man has good taste in sculptors ;)

So, on the blog list sidebar he goes.  I'm not going to hunt him down via google every time I want to see a new paintjob.  I'm just going to shift my eyes to the right as I scan through the blog.  You should too.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Spartan 117 said…
I first became aware of Spaceman Spiff's awesome work when he was a member of the MechWarrior Realms forum, where he would regularly post photos of his magnificent conversions and paint jobs. Glad to see he's now working with 15mm minis.
Lead Legion said…
Thats one worthy addition to anyones blog list. Including mine. Thanks for the tip.
Spacejacker said…
Beautiful work, really inspiring!
Spaceman Spiff said…
I am truly thankful for your high praise, John! I should also exchange my own praise. I am truly inspired and impressed with your sculpting talents. It is a great pleasure to bring such awesome looking minis to life. I will certainly keep an eye out for your works.

Popular Posts