Mercs Minis Waza Weapons WIP, Part 3

The second weapon down the list of the weapons I did for Mercs Minis was the Waza Pistol, an elegant little piece that I whipped out pretty quickly.

Here's the source art by Mr. Keith Lowe...

Here's the initial rough-out...
And since the detailing was pretty self-evident, I jumped from rough-out to final detail. I added an ejection port, and an external extractor for a bit of detail.



The muzzle and recoil spring guide were left open in the source art, so Keith and I came up with a small muzzle that poked just past the body of the slide and frame, giving the impression of a nice-sized bore, without overpowering the rest of the design.

The slab-sided look of the original source art came through, without being too busy or overwrought. A nice little sci-fi roscoe!

More to come...

Best,
JBR

Kei

Comments

Popular Posts