New Client, New WIP: The Griffin, Part 1



A few months ago, I took on a new client. I've added a few others as well, just to keep my schedule nice and packed. The client, whose name is Dallas Walker, had a nice concept for a high-speed, high-action type of mini mecha. I liked it, thought it would be fun to do, and here we are.

Here's the work I've been doing (among a lot of other stuff, don't worry established clients!) for Dallas Walker's new venture into miniature gaming. Here's the blog for his new company, Conflict Horizon Miniatures.

http://conflicthorizonminiatures.blogspot.com/

Spoiler alert: Dallas has already previewed the full mech design, just so you know.

Anywho, here's the source art I was to work with. The concept was named the Griffin, and was to stand about an inch tall, but be very modular, sleek, and poseable.

And the initial bulk-out, based on the line art. This design was to be a smooth melding of the drawings provided, with a bit of sleek anime mixed in.

Stay tuned.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Umpapa said…
Very nice. Suitable oponent against Ayame z Criticall Mass, I suppose.
John Bear Ross said…
As of now, possibly, but I don't think that's Dallas' intent. The inch-tall version is slated to be an N-scale vehicle (CAV, Mechwarrior:Dark Age), while the Ayame and similar armors are 15mm scale.

I did gift Mr. Walker with a 15mm scale set of files, but those will stand about 1.6 inches tall or so, in HARM suit territory. Whether he prints them, I don't know. He's just starting out.

Best,
JBR
Dallas Walker said…
My intent is not to step on anyone’s toes I just want a fun and exciting miniature game. If it takes off then that would be awesome (I’d leave my job tomorrow, lol). This game right now is just a labor of love and allows me to create something that is truly cool.

I chose the N scale for the ease of price and affordability, but the popularity of 15mil is appealing to me and 15mm games seem to have a lot of terrain readily available.

Popular Posts