GorillaMech Started!



The Sofa King from Comfy Chair Miniatures has commissioned another armored nightmare from me, this time a large, gorilla shaped monstrosity. I know what you're thinking. I thought it, too. How am I going to pull this off without design traits from the iconic Zoids IronKong seeping in, right?


Not to worry. At the end of the day, a mechanized gorilla is a mechanized gorilla, no matter how you style it. I think I'll be able to put my own (and Bob's) spin on it, though, without the slightest hint of IP issues. Take a look at the source art His Mervinity supplied...


Happily, the source art is in Bob's own style, a blend of neo-steampunk and modern mechs. Yes, they're both big primates. The similarities end there, though. You got a problem with that? Take it up with this guy...


Heh.

Comfy Chair builds proceed pretty quickly, and make for good blogging fodder. I have a few other balls in the air, as well. This is going to be fun. Stay tuned.

Best,
JBR

PS, the ScorpionMech was thrown in there as a size reference. Projected height is going to be about 3 inches tall. Yes, that is an Epic-scale Waldo there in the pic, for size reference. He's going to be big boy, he is. More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts