Blog List Edited, and Cheeseburgers (Again)

I chopped a few blogs, added a few blogs. Dr. Brin was becoming a bit of a political wonk, though he's still one of my favorite authors. Van hasn't had an update for more than a year, but he's got better things to do, like write his extensive series of novels.

I've added a pair of mecha blogs in their place. These are updated pretty frequently, and preclude my need to buy months-old Hobby Japan magazines which I can't read anyway. They're a bit Gundam-heavy, but such is life. Other mech types show up every once and a while. I've seen some cool translated interviews with Japanese mecha designers on them from time to time, which is enjoyable to watch and review.

I'm down 20 to 25 pounds now on the Atkins diet, though I'm sick of meat. Never thought I'd type something like that, but it's true. I'm down below 240lbs, which is something I haven't done for the better part of 7 years. The wife's happy, even though I'm grouchy-hungry most of the time. I've been hungry like this before, in Marine Corps boot camp, when I lost 40 pounds. The saying of ,"I feel like too little butter scraped across too much bread," comes to mind. And stomach.

Ah well. Off to Burger King, for some more double cheeseburgers with the buns peeled off them. Five Double Cheeses, and a Diet Coke. Yay! Then me and the boy are going to watch Green Lantern: First Flight again. That's a great little Cartoon Network movie, if you get a chance to see it.

Best,
JBR

Comments

Popular Posts