Shockwave Arm Brace Mod

I like my new Shockwave brace on the .300 Blackout Pistol I put together.

Adjusting the pistol's brace to suit the boy's stance and mine required taking an allen wrench to the range, so the set screw that holds the brace in place on the buffer tube could be undone and retightened.

There had to be a better way.

There is.  I found it on one of my favorite gun forums, AR15.com, in the AR Pistols subforum.

Here's the thread link...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/697430_KAK_Shockwave_mod.html

I went to the local Best hardware store, and bought a 5/16x18 male threaded knob. Price was about $4.

I cut the thread to length, ground a point on it, and threaded it in. Damn. Too short. Stupid me.

So, I ground a notch in the Shockwave blade. Now, it seats flush. Almost like I did it on purpose.





My thanks to user compulynx for the idea.



Enjoy!

Best,
JBR

Comments

Popular Posts