Just Back From Louisiana





Whoo! Had a small family vacation to visit my wife's (Beautiful Rachel's) large Cajun family. They live in the spot just under the "o" in the "Cajun Country" graphic shown above.

It rained a lot. That helped knock down the mosquitoes, though, which was a welcome relief, since they normally find me quite delicious.

I got to tour the Shiner Bock brewery in Shiner, TX with my beautiful bride. Shiner Bock is one of my favorite beers, has been for years.

During the tour, the nice lady guiding us gave an explanation of a benefit program they do for veterans. She asked who in the tour group had served in the Armed Forces. I put my arm up, as did a few others. She then stopped the tour, shook each of our hands, asked us our branch of service (Marines, in my case), thanked us for our service, and then led a round of applause from the tour group for us.

I blushed, but it was a nice gesture. A very patriotic little brewery y'all got goin' down there in Texas. I'm a customer for life.

Anywho, I'm back on the job. I've got a pile of email to get through, and a things to sculpt.

Also, expect a few WIP posts about Critical Mass Games' Mercenary Mechs and Power Armors I did for them in the coming weeks.

Best,
JBR

Comments

BROODE said…
I used to live in Louisiana in 1977, my Dad was stationed at Fort Puke(Polk) up near Leesville. The one thing I miss about La. is the great Cajun cuisine. Man. I could use some shrimp gumbo and a case of Shiner Bock right now!
J Womack, Esq. said…
Mmmm... Shiner Bock. It has even been made into ice cream.

Popular Posts