Friday, May 28, 2010

Painting Up A Hammer Suit: Base Coat






Well, do yourself a favor, and DON'T click on the pics for a closer view. Thankfully, this is just the base coat.

Here's the Titan HAMR suit I put together and primered earlier today. The boy and I painted at the kitchen table on old newspapers. He painted his first mini, a CAV Centurion I had laying around. It's a green blob, slathered thick and deep, but he's proud of it, and so am I.

Anywho, I envisioned this particular HAMR pilot as part of a Titan Marine pirate hunter unit, charged with policing (and executing) pirates and brigands. The asteroid belt is riddled with criminals and raiders, and the Titan Marines send in special strike teams in HAMRs to clean out nests of them.

This paint job is unsightly and bright right now, but will be much more subdued as I apply darker blues, blacks to cover up my blobby painting, and black washes to settle into the panel lines.

The gold canopy isn't very stealthy for sneaking up on pirates, I know, but I like it. Reminds me of Apollo space suits, and F-16 cockpits.

Stay tuned.

Best,
JBR
Post a Comment