Scorpion Mech With A Soft Grey Render

Here's a pic of the Comfy Chair Miniatures Scorpion Mech I did a few years ago for Bob Mervine.

It's in my new render settings, the softer, grey type that gives the client an idea what the final product will look like when primered.


I really liked this design.  It was fun to create, it was done live and in-progress (click here for more), and turned out very nicely.

If you look closely, this is the 15mm variant, with a small hatch and pintle-mounted weapon on the beast's spine, between the rear pair of legs.  Bob's designs were intentionally scale-free, so they could be used not just in his own games, but could perform double duty in other scales and settings.  Very nice.

I envisioned the pilot sitting in the mech, kayak-style, when the hatch is up (as shown).
To button up, he just curls down into a ball, pulls the hatch down, and slides forward into the prone cockpit to pilot the mech on his belly.

Bob's source art was critical to getting the look and feel just right.

Nice job, your Mervinity.

This pic is also the backdrop for my Twitter feed.

Here's the link, in case you want to touch base ("follow me" sounds rude and garish).

Best,
JBR

Comments

Unknown said…
real nice model John, dig the claws and the saw tail is a nice touch!
John Bear Ross said…
Thanks, sir.

I sculpted a number of attachments for both the claw and tail hardpoints, including saws, jackhammers, and other close-combat weaponry.

This is one of my favorites from the last five years.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts