JBR Company Chicken!


Well, I did some cooking last night. A recipe that my mom made when I was a kid. We'd often have it on Sunday afternoons, after church, when we'd invite folks over for a meal.

It was called Company Chicken, and since we were having company last night, I decided to make it.

It went well. I mean, you can't really go wrong with bacon-wrapped chicken. Bacon makes everything better. Mmmm...bacon.

So here's the recipe, in case you want to try it...

-------------------------
JBR's Company Chicken

1 1 and 1/2 pound pack of boneless chicken breast
filets (about 7 or 8 per pack)
1 slice of thick-cut bacon
per filet. More bacon, more better!
1 can of sliced dried beef
. Armour or Hormel, doesn't matter.
8 oz. sour cream

2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup

-Spray some Pam in the bottom of a casserole dish.
-Line the bottom of the dish with the sliced beef.
-Wrap each chicken breast filet with a piece of bacon. You don't have to toothpick it or anything, just wind the bacon around it.
-Arrange all the wrapped filets on top of the layer of sliced beef.
-Mix the sour cream and soup together in a bowl. Spoon the mix over the chicken. Don't worry if it doesn't cover everything, it will cook down.
-Cover the assembled dish with the pan's lid, or foil.
-Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for an hour and a half. Let it sit for a few minutes, to cool down. Scoop deep, and make sure you get that beef off the bottom of the pan!
-------------------------

Whalah, Company Chicken! It's mildly salty, so you might want to balance it with something sweet, like those awesome Hawaiian bread rolls that I can eat by the dozen (see that blue shirt puffing out in the gut region? Time for Atkins, again, I think...)

Best served with wild rice as a side, but that's your call.


From my family to yours. Enjoy!

Best,
JBR

P.S. And thanks to me mum, too. For everything. Yes, I'm a big softy.

Comments

Unknown said…
What...No Buttermilk Biscuits and Onion Gravy?!?!?!
:)
Wes said…
As the cook in my hose I want to say thanks. Chicken is a staple and new way of having it are a plus.

Noel
John Bear Ross said…
Noel,

If you try it, let me know the results, and any suggested tweaks. Hope it turns out OK for you.

Best,
JBR

Popular Posts