My Interview With Dropship Horizon





I'm the subject of short Spotlight interview over at the hub of all things 15mm, Dropship Horizon.


I won't repeat the text (you'll have to go over there to read it), but I wanted to thank the folks that helped me get here, and who inspire me.

Chad Hardin (Marvel, DC, Boom Studios)

Alan Davis (Marvel and DC)

Erik Larsen (Image, DC, Marvel)

Dave Johnson (Image, DC, Marvel)

Neil Nowatzki (Reaper)

Mark Mondragon (Dreamforge)

Charles Oines(Irrational Designs)

Jim Burrell (Reaper and ArtCrime)

Steve Tyler (Coolhand Graphics)

Kev White (Hasslefree Minis)

Nick Carter(Carter Tools)

John Vegher (moddler.com)

Sandy Garrity (Reaper)

PF (Rebel and Khurasan)

Bobby Jackson (Rebel and Reaper)

Jeff Rodman (Fortress Figs)

Ed Pugh (Reaper)

Mike Renegar (Rebel Minis)

Jon Katze (Khurasan Minis)

Craig Grady (Critical Mass Games)

Dale Hurst (Critical Mass Games)

Bob Mervine (Comfy Chair Games)

Mike Hardy (Xtreme Hobby)

Dallas Walker (Critical Horizon Minis)

Chris Lynch (Ravenstar Studios)

David White (Mechazone)

Bill Armintrout (The Miniature Page)

Kevin Long (Palladium Books)

Kevin Siembieda (Palladium Books)

The list goes on and on, and if you're reading this and I left you out, please don't be mad, I haven't had my Blue Monster for the morning yet. I'm fortunate to know and work with most of them, and inspired by the rest.

I don't know Alan Davis, Erik Larsen, Kevin Long, Kevin Siembieda, or Dave Johnson, but they're huge inspirations.

As to the pics above...the CAVs are a side-by-side comparison of the hand-sculpt Dictator, and my first professional CAD model, the digitally-sculpted Dictator. Those are my kids, Olivia and JBR2. That's my beautiful wife Rachel standing next to my goofy self. Obviously, I'm a lucky man.

Thanks, and stay tuned.

Best,
John Bear Ross

Comments

Dallas Walker said…
Thanks man, that means alot to me. I just want you to know how much you inspire me. :)
Matt said…
Great stuff JBR - thanks for taking the time to do the interview!

Popular Posts