Get To Work, You...


Time for the tri-weekly whine. Still no progress, and I'm now redirecting clients away, mostly to Mark Mondragon and a fellow I worked with on CAV for Reaper, James Burrell. I still owe work to Khurasan, Comfy Chair, and others, if they can hang in there and put up with my Real Life BS.

There is hope, though. The rumor mill at work is circulating that the folks in management might be coming to their senses, and put my work crew back on night shift. The whole move to day shift has been a comedy of errors, but it's a job, so I grin and bear it.

IF (big IF) the move back to nights happens, my creative life can resume, though at a much more measured pace. I was having fun, there, during the summer, but my family and waistline started to suffer. For now, it's Atkins, and more time with the kids, and staying up late to prototype when I can. We'll see how it turns out. Hang in there.

Best,
JBR

Comments

GJD said…
Aitkins is some baaaad ju-ju. It puts you into a pre-diabetic state, which is great for loosing weight, but not so great for keeping it off. Plus it makes your breath rank.
David said…
Hey John, just received some of those grav tanks you did for Critical Mass Games. Excellent models - I look forward to putting them together and painting them.

Hope the RL work thing sorts itself out soon so you can get on with being creative and having fun.
John Bear Ross said…
@GJD...I had to do something. I started this year (2009) at 250 (still way too high) and I was pushing 265 after Thanksgiving. Granted, I'm 6'4", so the flab is stretched out, but She Who Must Be Obeyed decreed that the poundage had to go, so I'm doing what I know works. I'm getting sick of meat and cheese, though. And I actually had to peel the buns off a double cheeseburger for the first time. No fun, but the pounds are melting off.

@Kobold...glad they're doing well for you, sir. That tank has potential to be a classic. I hope they do well.
RL will sort itself out, one way or another. Thanks for the kind words.

Popular Posts