Critical Mass Forming, and the State of 15mm Wargaming

There's a Critical Mass forming out there, somewhere in the United Kingdom. One of my previously unmentioned clients is about to make a major announcement regarding their upcoming release of a new 15mm Science Fiction line of vehicles and figures. I've done a few nice vehicles, as have a number of other talented people.

The infantry figures look great, also, and these kits have been meticulously crafted so that they share a wide variety of weapons. I really think you're going to like it.

In other, more broader view, I'm ecstatic that 15mm scale figures have taken off this year. Indeed, I think 2009 might be the year of 15mm. Whether it's Khurasan, GZG, Rebel Minis, Old Crow, Combat Wombat, or the tasty Comfy Chair mechs, it is truly a good time to be in the 15mm game. Those of you who have followed my work from the old Hellion Productions days know that I was an early advocate of the scale.

Indeed, here's an old link to a FAQ/diatribe I used to have on the old HP site...the graphics are gone, but the text remains. Note the "What Scale Are You Using" question in the FAQ...

http://johnbearross.com/mission.htm

Ah, ravings from the days when I was young and beautiful...

So, bottom line, I'm working like mad, and loving it. Expect to see a LOT of previously unreleased prototypes from a newly-emerging client, and wait until you see some of the other great things that I can't show you yet. I can tell you to watch Khurasan Miniatures' website intently, though...

http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/

Best,
JBR

Comments

Eli Arndt said…
I love your take on 15mm. I have always thought that games that want to use mecha, larger vehicles or expect you to have a good number of figures on the table are really ill-served by any scale larger than 15mm.

So many manufacturers try to pull of 28mm games thinking that their vision can only come out in that scale and then fall short on their concepts due to the practical limitations of the scale they have chosen.

-Eli

Popular Posts