Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Critical Mass Forming, and the State of 15mm Wargaming

There's a Critical Mass forming out there, somewhere in the United Kingdom. One of my previously unmentioned clients is about to make a major announcement regarding their upcoming release of a new 15mm Science Fiction line of vehicles and figures. I've done a few nice vehicles, as have a number of other talented people.

The infantry figures look great, also, and these kits have been meticulously crafted so that they share a wide variety of weapons. I really think you're going to like it.

In other, more broader view, I'm ecstatic that 15mm scale figures have taken off this year. Indeed, I think 2009 might be the year of 15mm. Whether it's Khurasan, GZG, Rebel Minis, Old Crow, Combat Wombat, or the tasty Comfy Chair mechs, it is truly a good time to be in the 15mm game. Those of you who have followed my work from the old Hellion Productions days know that I was an early advocate of the scale.

Indeed, here's an old link to a FAQ/diatribe I used to have on the old HP site...the graphics are gone, but the text remains. Note the "What Scale Are You Using" question in the FAQ...

http://johnbearross.com/mission.htm

Ah, ravings from the days when I was young and beautiful...

So, bottom line, I'm working like mad, and loving it. Expect to see a LOT of previously unreleased prototypes from a newly-emerging client, and wait until you see some of the other great things that I can't show you yet. I can tell you to watch Khurasan Miniatures' website intently, though...

http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/

Best,
JBR
Post a Comment